Last update: September 2021
Welcome to Oshinstar!
Oshinstar is a platform where talents, artists, businesses and fans can find an organized and effective creative space with the right tools to develop and evolve their potential skills, as well as offer the possibility to belong to a safe and supportive community, where they can showcase their talents and connect.
This is the information you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information and benefits. The information we collect differs depending on whether you are a minor, create an Individual account, create a business account, or have Pro mode enabled.
- First and last name
- E-mail address
- User name
- Your phone number
- State or country of residence
- Company Name
- Company phone number
You have the option to add more information to your profile, such as location, hometown, work experience, language skills and more.
Oshinstar does not receive your full card number. Payment processors provide us with a token that represents your account, your card expiration date, card type, and the last four digits of your card number. If you are asked to provide your name and email address to the payment processor, they also provide us with that information.
We collect and process information about the talent you support, the benefits you receive, and how often you support them.
A talent is someone who creates and provides content for your users through the Oshinstar membership platform. To become a talent, you must create a profile that describes your skills as an artist or company, the type of content you create and the benefits you offer through your subscription.
To receive payments, you must create an account with our payment partner: PayPal. We may also request your bank account information to process payments.
We collect information automatically as you browse Oshinstar or through our third-party analytics providers. We may store usage information, such as the type of device you use to access Oshinstar, your operating system, browser type, IP address and device ID, the pages you visit or request, the links you click, referring sites, user interactions and your search. conditions. We also derive your self-disclosed country location, IP address and payment card.
We collect the comments you make. We record how many times users visit Oshinstar, where users have responded, who they have communicated with, private messages, IP address and from what location the user last logged in.
From time to time, we may request your participation in user surveys. We may ask you for demographic information, including information related to your gender, ethnicity, race, age, sexual orientation, income and accessibility to better understand and serve our user base, which you may or may not choose to share. We collect such information to ensure we provide fair and equitable access to our services and to showcase talent to users for greater visibility. To the extent you participate, we will store your survey responses.
At online events, we may request information from you. This is done to better tailor the event experience to attendees. This information may include your name, email address, payment details, cell phone number and QR code, demographic information, social media and other online accounts you maintain, details about the types of jobs you create, and responses to surveys or comments.
We process your information to:
- Verify your identity to comply with federal, state and international laws where you are using Oshinstar.
- Allow you to log in to your account.
- Enable support of a talent's Oshinstar membership program.
- Process payments and membership payments.
- Send you emails relevant to your use, as controlled by your email preferences.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Provide existing and enhanced services related to your Oshinstar account.
- Promote your Oshinstar account for increased visibility.
- Understand how to use the service and create better tools for talents to serve users.
- Conduct research and development to improve Oshinstar and develop future products.
- Prevent fraud and abuse on Oshinstar.
- Provide reasonable accommodations, if you notify us of a disability.
By becoming a Fan Sponsor of a Talent, you agree to share the following information with that Talent:
- Your name and email address, and other profile information you have provided.
- Any messages you send to talent through Oshinstar.
- Your physical address, city and country.
- Your phone number, when you have registered to support a talent who engages with you via text message.
- All information about your engagement, including the amount and start date, but not your full payment card information.
- Some aggregated, anonymous data about how you use Oshinstar that cannot be linked to you or any individual user.
Talents agree to the terms of our Data Processing Agreement (DPA) when they begin their membership program. This DPA is called the Talent Privacy Promise. The Talent Privacy Promise is the Talent's promise to protect the privacy of their customers during and beyond their relationship with Oshinstar. You can view a copy of the Talent Privacy Promise here.
We never sell your information to third parties. We will only share data with third parties, other than Talent, in the following circumstances:
- With our service providers, which are companies that are contractually engaged by us to provide services to us, such as email management, data trend analysis, credit card processing, multi-currency settlement solutions, increasing our brand awareness and user engagement with marketing initiatives, and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to your data to perform their services and are contractually obligated to safeguard any data they receive from us to the same extent that Oshinstar protects it.
- To protect the security or integrity of Oshinstar, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Oshinstar, its employees, users or others, if we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or other valid law. process (for example, subpoenas or court orders served on Oshinstar). If we are going to disclose your data, we will use our best efforts to notify you promptly by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- With partners in our Partner Directory, who may have access to your data to perform their services and who are contractually obligated to safeguard any of your data they receive from us to the same extent that Oshinstar protects it.
The following information is publicly available:
- Your profile and your social media links and location if you add that information.
- By default, the talents you support are displayed publicly. If you mark your account as private, we will not show the talents you support.
- Any posts, likes or comments you make.
- Your usage data will be aggregated or anonymized in publications, press releases or in other ways to share information about Oshinstar usage. Aggregated or anonymized data will not be linked to any individual Oshinstar user.
- The value of the monthly pledge and the targets that talent chooses to make public.
- Number of clients.
The Settings link is found by accessing your menu at the top right of your screen after logging into your Oshinstar account. Settings allows you to find your account preferences. You can search and adjust your settings by viewing your preferences and, if desired, changing your selections.
- Provide you with information about your service, service enhancements or new Oshinstar products while you are on our website or using our applications.
- Send you messages regarding your existing service, or enhancements related to your existing service, when you are off our platform, by email or text message, if you have subscribed to a service or event notification that uses text messaging.
- To market Oshinstar to you and audiences similar to you based on your networks and common factors that others have with you unless you opt out.
- To send you marketing emails or text messages if you do not have an Oshinstar account but have consented to receive such messages, from which you may opt out.
- To solicit demographic information to highlight and celebrate talent.
- Promote your account for increased visibility.
- Mail physical items as part of a promotional activity, if any.
You can object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. You can also object to the use of your data for marketing purposes when you create your account or at any time thereafter by opting out here.
Opting out will stop marketing emails. Please allow up to 30 days for your opt-out request to be processed. If you have an account with Oshinstar, you will continue to receive text messages and service-related emails, if you have opted in to receive text messages. You will also continue to receive service-related benefit mailings to the designated delivery address.
We will never sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
You can access and update certain information associated with your account on the settings pages. In addition, you can delete your account or export your personal information via the application or web.
You can self-initiate the deletion of your account directly from the app or web. If you delete it, all your content will be permanently deleted. Therefore, it is important that you are absolutely sure that you prefer to delete the account instead of temporarily deactivating it. In addition, you will not be able to get a refund for items you have purchased.
Once your account is deleted, you will not be able to re-register with the same email address or add that address to another future Oshinstar account.
You can change your email notifications in your email settings. While this allows you to stop many notification emails, we will still send some critical service emails.
If you download the Oshinstar app, you may also receive notifications on your mobile device. These can be turned off in the app settings.
Users maintain password-protected accounts with Oshinstar. If you submit a request to exercise your privacy rights, you will be asked to verify the request by logging into your Oshinstar account.
If we are unable to verify your request, then, for your protection, we reserve the right to reject the request.
Account Holders with Disabilities Oshinstar is committed to accessibility for account holders with disabilities. If you are having difficulty accessing your account, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.
Oshinstar is committed to accessibility for account holders with disabilities. If you are having difficulty accessing your account, please email us at [email protected] for assistance. You can learn more in our Oshinstar Accessibility document.
If you have privacy concerns or questions, you can contact our Data Protection Officers (DPOs) by email at [email protected] .
You may designate an authorized agent to make an application on your behalf. To designate an authorized agent to make an application on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the applicant's valid government ID, and the authorized agent's valid government ID. Contact [email protected] with your request. To protect your information from account misappropriation, we may refuse access to or recovery of your account at our discretion.
We do not discriminate against users who exercise their privacy rights.
We retain your account information for ten years after your account is last active, unless you delete it or request us to delete your account. We may continue to retain certain information, even after you delete your account, if we are required to do so to comply with various laws.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. You can learn more on our Security Policy page.
Oshinstar is not directed to children under the age of 13, and children may not create an account or otherwise use Oshinstar.
From time to time we may make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting a notice on the site or sending you an email before the changes take effect. Your continued use of Oshinstar following a change in this policy means that you accept the new policy.
Effective immediately for existing users and users joining Oshinstar on or after November 02, 2021.